San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyer
Byron's wide-ranging experience in nursing home neglect and abuse, premises liability, products liability, medical malpractice, commercial vehicle, and 18-wheeler accident law, and personal injury litigation is a great asset to our firm. Since obtaining his license in 2010, Byron has represented many victims of commercial vehicle accidents, medical negligence, and nursing home abuse. Byron has also succeeded in his appellate work, crafting appellate responses, briefs, and winning many his legal issues on appeal.
Byron continues to practice as a tireless advocate for the elderly, infirm, and disabled nursing home residents, who have suffered from neglect and abuse, obtaining numerous high damages awards in the process. Not limited to simply nursing home negligence, he has obtained numerous settlements and awards on behalf of victims of medical malpractice.
Byron has also litigated numerous high damage awards relating to commercial vehicles, 18-wheeler, premises liability, and personal injury law. During the course of his litigation career, he has collected many millions on behalf of personal injury and medical malpractice victims. He understands the importance of shepherding his clients through the litigation process, but also preparing his clients for the changes in their lives that have occurred as the result of negligence. He understands that most clients requesting assistance with their injuries or death of a loved one require an attorney that will listen, understand, and advocate for their best interests. He believes the impact of zealously advocating on behalf of his clients can result in systemic changes that ultimately improve public safety and patient safety.
A longtime resident of Texas, Byron graduated from St. Mary's University School of Law, where he composed comments and edited articles as a staff writer for The Scholar: St. Mary's Law Review on Minority Issues. He is a member of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Society (Honors), holds a license to practice in the Western District of Texas, and is an active alumni of the University of Texas at Austin. Byron is also a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers’ Association and San Antonio Bar Association. Byron was selected as a 2021 Texas Super Lawyers rising star and named as a top personal injury lawyer by Scene in San Antonio in 2017, 2020, and 2021.
In addition to his diverse legal experience, Byron has dedicated his time as an advocate at The Center for Social Justice, as a volunteer for the Texas Animal Defense League, and as creator/director of an annual St. Mary's University School of Law music fundraiser, which raises money for local charities.
Sample Verdicts and Settlements
- $3,600,000 – Construction accident death due to dangerous work conditions
- $3,000,000 – Trucking accident resulting in death
- $508,000 – Fractured cervical vertebrae due to improper transport technique
- $500,000 – Low-impact neck injury
- $400,000 – Improper security
- $380,000 – Homicide of nursing home resident
- $340,000 – Stage IV pressure ulcer due to improper repositioning
- $297,500 – Pressure ulcer in nursing home
- $292,000 – Pressure ulcer in hospital
- $200,000 – Improper transfer resulting in fall and fractured femur
See More Case Results
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Major: English
- Minor: Spanish
Honors & Awards
- Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in San Antonio, TX, Best Lawyers in San Antonio, S.A. Scene Magazine, 2014, 2015
- Top Personal Injury Plaintiff Scene in S.A., 2020
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2021
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity
- San Antonio Young Lawyer's Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Lawlapalooza- 2010
- Kaplan - 2010
- St. Mary’s University School of Law - 2010
Contact Maloney Law Group, P.L.L.C. at (210) 361-2997 today.