What to Expect from Your Lawsuit
File a Personal Injury Claim with Maloney Law Group, P.L.L.C.
The process for filing a claim can be frustrating if you do not have an experienced legal team working with you. Even seemingly simple things like gathering your medical documents can prove to be challenging when you do not know who to call and when health care administrators do not treat your case with the urgency it deserves.
At Maloney Law Group, P.L.L.C., we take the time to walk our clients through the entire process so they know what to expect when filing an injury claim and recovering a settlement.
Get started on your case today by calling us at (210) 361-2997.
We Can Help You through the Process
The following is a general overview of the various steps from your initial contact with our firm to the final conclusion/trial/settlement of your case.
You can expect to:
- Have an initial consultation: When you first meet with us, we will discuss your accident, your injury, and what options may exist for compensation. We may choose to conduct an exploratory investigation to find out if there are important assets, insurance concerns, or statutes of limitations — things that would influence whether or not your case is viable. If it makes sense to move forward and file a claim, you and your attorney will enter into an agreement (based on contingency fees) and work will begin.
- File a complaint and serve the defendant: Filing a complaint involves giving a broad overview of why the plaintiff is filing a lawsuit. This provides the court system with the first official record of the claim. The complaint must also be delivered to the defendant to ensure he or she is notified of the claim/lawsuit and any impending court dates.
- Engage in pretrial litigation and discovery: The timeline for this part of the process may vary. At this stage, both sides ask each other for evidence and witness information. Hearings may be held to determine how the case is proceeding. Trial dates may be pushed back, mandatory mediation or arbitration may be conducted, and settlements may be reached prior to trial.
- Reach a settlement or eventual trial: Settlements are often reached in personal injury cases. Settlements may, in fact, be reached before a formal complaint is even filed. In many cases, however, settlements are the result of the pretrial and discovery process. Once the relevant facts are discovered, the parties may resolve the claims prior to trial. However, it all depends on what meaningful offers have been made, the strength of each party's case, and the inherent risks and benefits involved at trial. If your claims are unable to be resolved prior to trial, our San Antonio personal injury attorneys are prepared to fight diligently for fair compensation at trial.
For experienced counsel from a lawyer who cares about your case, count on Maloney Law Group, P.L.L.C. Our firm has earned a reputation for relentless advocacy and we are not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary. We take great pride in our work because it allows us to really make a difference in our clients' lives — clients who have faced serious medical and financial challenges because of someone else's negligence.
Call us at (210) 361-2997 or reach us online to arrange an initial consultation.
Birth Injury $7,620,000
Birth injury involving hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (2022) Contingency Fee: $3,048,000.00 Reimbursable Expenses: $161,503.71 Net to Client: $4,410,496.29
Birth Injury $7,000,000
Birth injury involving hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (2020) Contingency Fee: $2,800,000.00 Reimbursable Expenses: $75,578.00 Net to Client: $4,124,421.00
Birth Injury $5,750,000
Birth injury involving hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (2014) Contingency Fee: $1,786,738.72 Reimbursable Expenses: $170,000.00 Net to Client: $3,396,261.28
Construction Accident Death $3,600,000
Dangerous work conditions resulting in death (2015) Contingency Fee: $1,440,000.00 Case Expenses: $125,000.00 Net to Client: $2,035,000.00
Failure to timely diagnose aortic clot causing paralysis (2023) Contingency Fee: $1,380,000.00 Reimbursable Expenses: $274,988.73 Net to Client: $1,795,011.27
Trucking Accident $3,000,000
Trucking accident resulting in death (2015) Contingency Fees: $1,000,000.00 Case Expenses: $93,455.68 Net to Client $1,906,544.32
Surgical Error $2,845,730.83
Surgical errors resulting in drop foot (2022) Contingency Fee: $1,138,292.33 Reimbursable Expenses: $51,291.24 Net to Client: $1,656,147.26
Brain Aneurysm $1,820,000
Failure to diagnose ruptured brain aneurysm in the Emergency Department resulting in serious injury (2020) Contingency fee: $712,090.00 Reimbursable expenses: $157.285.61 Net to client: $950,624.39
Back Surgery Paralysis $1,600,000
Negligence during back surgery resulting in paralysis (2014) Contingency Fee: $640,000.00 Case Expenses: $170,000.00 Net to Client: $790,000.00
Bowel Leak (2023) $1,440,033
Failure to treat bowel leak resulting in a colostomy and drop foot Contingency Fee: $576,013.41 Reimbursable Expenses: $90,033.53 Net to Client: $773,986.60
What Makes Maloney Law Group Unique?
- We have been a part of the San Antonio Community for decades.
Boutique Law Firm
- You will receive personalized and dedicated attention.
Experienced & Prepared
- We are equipped to handle the most complex cases.
Reputation for Success
- We have earned a reputation for relentless advocacy.
Contact us online or give us a call to learn more about our firm or to schedule a consultation with our team.(210) 361-2997